I love, love, love this idea – who wouldn’t be excited to find a Lonely Bouquet to brighten their day? Back again after the roaring success in the UK last year, the date for your diary is 25th June 2017. The idea behind Lonely Bouquet Day is to make people happy and what better way than through flowers? To get involved all you need to do is leave a bouquet somewhere public to be found. This could be at a local park, bus stop, empty bench – the world is your oyster!
The great thing is campaigns like this are about sharing the joy of flowers with others, so works amazingly on Social Media for local florists!
Some of the customers I work with here at floristPro HQ have participated in previous years and seen great engagement and interaction on Social Media when they have left a Lonely Bouquet to be found in their local area. The feedback our online florists have said is that it creates some of the highest post shares and likes on Facebook that they have had, showing the public love a sweet story and local connection with florists.
Here are my top 5 tips for Lonely Bouquet success:
- Take a sneak peek photo to load on Facebook, get people talking about where you may have left the bouquet and can start hunting
- Ensure your business contact details are on the label, including your website
- Pop on the label your Facebook link so the finder can locate you easily online and share their find story
- Get creative with the flowers you leave – use up older stock, unusual stems, pretty ribbons or add some home-grown beauties
- Enjoy spreading the flower power in your local area – take the time to comment and interact with the audience online who are talking about your Lonely Bouquet
Even after Lonely Bouquet Day is over, doesn’t mean sharing the flower love has to be over! If you ever have any flowers left over from display, wedding fayre or old stock, why not turn it in to a Social Media campaign! Leave the flowers in a local location with your business card asking the finder to post on Facebook when they find it. A lovely treat for anyone all year round, it is a great way to get the local community talking about your business regularly.
More information can be found at http://www.thelonelybouquet.com
For up to date news, fresh flower ideas and marketing magic for online florists follow us on Facebook @floristPro.ltd or check out our site http://www.floristpro.co.uk